Slice of Life #9- Pointe

Some people know that I am a competition dancer, but not a lot of people know that I do a lot of ballet. Currently, the most ballet I do a week is 8 ½ hours a week. Yes, 8 ½ HOURS A WEEK! Doing ballet for 8 ½ hours a week can be pretty tiring, but the thing that tires me the most is POINTE! Pointe is when you are dancing on a special type of shoe that makes you look like you are dancing on your toes. Prima Ballerinas make it look effortless and it looks like it doesn’t hurt at all, but the truth is….

IT HURTS SO MUCH!!!

I’ve been on pointe for about a year and I can feel my feet starting to shrivel away. (I’m exaggerating that) You work so hard to get pointe shoes, then when your teacher says yes and you do your first class, you will start to regret it. BUT, after a few classes, you will start to be normal. The other thing that also hurts so bad is when your pointe shoes are dead. No, they aren’t choking on the floor. It means that they are so overused that they start to break. I am going to stop writing because I have NO IDEA how to finish this post 🙂

2 Comments on Slice of Life #9- Pointe

1. ♥ anika ♥
    March 9, 2017 at 5:18 pm (7 years ago)

When I did ballet I also did Pointe and it hurt so badly!!! I wanted to stop doing ballet because of that. I love this post, it’s so relatable. Great job!! 🙂

Reply
  2. erms3olivia16
    March 9, 2017 at 5:21 pm (7 years ago)

I love your post! Good job! I am also on pointe and I started just a couple months ago. It does hurt but I don’t really regret it- YET! What other dance do you do? Check out my blog at http://erms3olivia16.edublogs.org/

Reply